Friday, December 17, 2010

Bella's Broccoli Rice Casserole

Broccoli and Rice Casserole
3 cups cooked rice

1 small onion
½ cup chopped celery
1 – 10oz pack frozen Broccoli, Cauliflower and Carrot (thaw slightly and chop up small)
1 T. Margarine
1 – 8oz jar Cheese Wiz
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 – 5oz can evaporated milk
I use pepper and onion powder only

I cook the rice first.

Grease or (Pam spray) an 8” casserole dish. Be sure to measure out 3 cups of cooked rice only, spread evenly into the casserole dish, and set aside.


In a large skillet over medium heat sauté onion, celery, and frozen chopped up veggies in the butter for about 10 to 15 minutes or until heated through well. Turn off heat and stir in cheese, soup, and milk until smooth.


Pour cheese mixture over rice evenly. Do NOT stir.


§ Bake at 350 for 30 to 45 minutes or until slightly browned and bubbly around the edges. I have never over cooked it. It looks good on the table too. Enjoy!


** To save time I usually cup the veggies and put them in a Ziploc in the fridge the night before so all I have to do is dump them in. I also measure out the amount of dry rice I will need to make the rice and I put it in a Ziploc and set aside. I do things like that cause I get easily overwhelmed when I feel rushed. LOL! **

(A variation on this is to use frozen broccoli by itself with cream of mushroom soup)



Everyone loves this at our house even the kids and it goes a surprisingly long way.

No comments: