Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Gaga's Cranberry Salad

1pkg fresh cranberries ground up
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 large pkg raspberry gelatin
3 cups water
3 oranges cut up in small pieces
the zest of one orange

The recipe came with no instructions but Lisa (my sister) has made it a few times. She said that she puts the cranberries in the blender with a little bit of water and grinds them- after they are ground up she drains out the water. She said sometimes she put the oranges in the blender too. Then she just puts all of the ingredients into a big bowl- stirs it up and puts it in the refrigerator. The recipe doesn't call for any nuts but I was looking around the internet at some other cranberry salad recipe's and it is very common to add 1/2 cup of walnuts. When I made this and it turned out well, I used 1 large box of raspberry gelatin and I blended the cranberries with 1&1/2 cups orange juice (water would have worked fine too...I had OJ to use up) so that I wouldn't have to try to drain them then I boiled the other 1&1/2 cups of water to add to the jello mixture.

No comments: